Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Adventure Begins...Almost

Once upon a time in a kingdom covered in ice and snow, okay maybe that's not quite how it started, but as our departure date comes closer, I find myself thinking about the enormity of what we are doing and where this fairy tale will lead.

I'm sure that some (most) of you are thinking "Have I lost my mind?" Peter and I are packing up our entire lives as we know them and willingly heading off on a journey to a place where nothing is familiar.

I realize that I am neither brave nor adventurous as a rule, and yet, here I am, preparing to leave Canada very soon, with our 3 small children. I will consciously fly across the ocean, travelling by myself I might add, with Nick, Robin and Ryan in tow to start a new life in a place where Aladdin is more possible than anything resembling a Co-Op.

Now as those of you who know me can attest, I am a creature of habit. I like structure, and even though my box may be hand crafted and decorated with funky paper, I like things in said box!

I wouldn't be exaggerating if I told you that I am more stressed with this move than I have ever been in my life! Finding out I was pregnant for the 1st time, bring it on! Getting married and moving to a new city in the same month, piece of cake!

Although I feel conflictingly terrified, overwhelmed and thoroughly exhilarated all in the same moment. I am completely 100% positive that this move will only bring good things our way!

We are being offered an opportunity to teach our children about cultures and peoples in locales where humanity as we know it began! We are being offered an opportunity to travel across the world and discover ourselves in the process!

The other day, Peter saw a bumper sticker that said it much more succinctly than I ever could: I'm not suffering from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it!!!

A demain...

No comments:

Post a Comment